When can walking /riding bike occur after tummy tuck/bust reduction

Activity After Surgery

Dear motexclan58,
You should be walking immediately after any surgery so you do not develop blood clots in the lower extremities. However, as far as something that could result in a fall and damage your muscle tightening in the tummy tuck, I would recommend you not ride a bit for a minimum of six to eight weeks after surgery. Certainly by two months’ time most surgeons would be comfortable with you doing such activities. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Exercise after tummy tuck and breast reduction

Thank you for your question. Each patient recovers differently. I advice patients they can return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery.  We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery. I suggest you wait at least 3 weeks before running or exercise. It's best to be sure that everything is healed. There is always a chance of causing bleeding if you start much before that time. When you start, listen to your body. You will be a little out of condition and a bit sore. But you will get back to where you were before surgeryvery quickly. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

I would have you up walking immediately

i think it is important to be up walking immediately to decrease your risk 
of blood clots. of course, you won't be walking a lot in the first few days but 
it is important to be up moving. there is also no reason you cannot walk 
upstairs.

it really depends on how your are progressing and this is something that 
needs to be discussed with your surgeon about when you can start doing 
hard long walks and cycling.
i would suggest you could be walking miles at a fast pace after about 2 weeks and 
probably start a spinning class after maybe 17 days. i would hold off street cycling
until you are 3 weeks incase you fall off your bike.

it is great that you are already thinking about getting back to being fully active.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery

Thanks for your inquiry. It really depends how well you are recovering.  A patient having an uneventful recovery can expect to be walking at a slow pace usually by two weeks, and a riding a stationary bike indoors by three weeks.  I see my patients weekly after a tummy tuck and remove activity restrictions accordingly, please discuss with your plastic surgeon.