Can my nasolabial folds and the bags under my eyes be gone forever? (photos)

These two pairs of "lines" on my face have always bothered me. They are a part of my facial structure which is the same as my dad's, but I want them gone. They make me look tired and older than my age. I'm 23. My job requires a lot of photos of my face being taken and I feel really uncomfortable, so I always end up entirely removing both pairs of lines with photoshop. Is there any procedure that would restructure my face in a way that they won't appear anymore? I'm open to any suggestions!

Nasolabial Folds and Eye Lid Bags

Hello, you may be a great candidate for injectable fillers for facial and eyelid rejuvenation.  Injectable fillers to the lower eyelids and nasolabial folds may help refresh your appearance. It would be worthwhile to make a consultation with a plastic surgeon or an injector that has extensive experience with eyelid and facial fillers.  Best of luck!

Treatment of Nasolabial Folds

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. My recommendation would be injectable dermal  fillers. Dermal fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm can improve volume and improve your structural concerns. It is not a permanent solution but dermal fillers can last 6 months to 2 years depending on the product and individual. They can provide a natural and predictable outcome. An experienced injector is key. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Aging -- Treatment With Lasers Like Fraxel, Radiofrequency Like Viva/Intensif, Combined with Microneedling/PRP

Fillers are needed for decreased volume or fat and sculptra; skin tightening treatments like thermage and ultherapy, profound and exilis ultra can be used to lift.  nothing permanent can reverse the signs of aging even implants or surgical skin removal.  Best, Dr. Emer.

There is no such thing as gone forever.

If someone tells you they have a surgery that will get rid of something in your face forever, you should run.  It is essential to understand that many services that will be offered to you will not be right for you.  For example, a surgeon here is recommending lower eyelid transconjunctival blepharoplasty for "eye bags."  In fact, your photos do not demonstrate herniated lower eyelid fat bags.  The fullness visible in your lower eyelid is not from fat.  Put your finger on top of the "bag."  What you are feeling is the contour of your orbital rim not a bag of fat.  Lower eyelid surgery would be profoundly disappointing for you.  Don't have something that is not going to work for you because it might be "permanent."  On the other hand, you would do well will hyaluronic acid fillers.  This can be used to revolumize the top of the cheek, add a bit of volume to the nasolabial fold and even help the chin.  The best of these products persist for years.  However, their effects are best for the first year.  At that point, depending on what you need, you add or subtract volume based on how the service has aged.  I see two to three new patients a week who need grafted fat removed from the face or have problems with permanent fillers.  Do not go this way.  While the promise of a "permanent" solution is alluring, these services cause more harm than good.  Find a highly experienced injector with aesthetic judgement.  You will pay more for the right service but a bad result is a terrible thing and not worth the money saved.  

Nasolabial folds

Hi there, thank you for question and photos. My recommendation to you would be to try filler to the nasolabial folds. Filler is a temporary solution and will need to be touched up every 6 months to a year. Having said that, filler will also look the most natural and has the least risks. You could consider fat grafting in the future, but even after fat grafting filler touch ups are necessary. A facelift will not completely address your concern with the lines around your mouth. 

You are not the only one bothered by those lines! They are a part of aging we commonly address.

I don't have a good view of your lower eyelids to recommend an intervention. It is possible filler to camouflage the eyes could be a good solution or laser resurfacing. 

Hope this is helpful

Good luck 

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my nasolabial folds and the bags under my eyes be gone forever

There are many temporary options to lessen the appearance of the folds but there is nothing that will permanently correct the problem I am afraid

Julio Garcia, MD

Treatment for under eye bags long term

Your nasolabial folds are not bad and probably best left alone.  You do have under eye bags (fat prolapse) with underlying hollowness. The best long-term procedure with natural results is transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty with fat repositioning. See following link and video. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Pan facial rejuvenation

A staged approach with hyaluronic acid filler injections targeting  the facial asymmetry (left),  midface deflation, lower eyelid fat prolapse/contour irregularity and chin projection will enhance your facial features. HIFU Ultherapy can further improve the final outcome.  There is no singular treatment that can reverse the signs of aging neither can have a permanent effect, but subtle approaches when implemented correctly will enhance your features in a natural way.

Costas Papageorgiou, MD, FACS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon