How long will 6 units of Botox injected into the forehead (midlines) last?

I'm an so unhappy with the result as the Botox has resulted in pushing my brow down. This has made my face look horrible. I'm wondering if the Botox will wear off in a couple of weeks rather than months since only 6 units were injected. Thank you.

Unhappy with results

Thank you for your question.  Botox cosmetic wears off in an approximate time frame of 3 to 4 months.  So sorry that you are disappointed with your treatment.  I wish you good luck.

Low brow after Botox

Thank you for your question tylerswlaw9999. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. Most people enjoy the results of their Botox treatment for 3-4 months. At that point the skin is generally back to baseline. Six units in the forehead is a small dose, so it may wear off faster. If Botox leads to a heavy or low brow, Botox can be placed in other areas to counteract this. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and Resuts / What Age To Start? / Poor Results

6 units is very little but some people are very sensitive.  4-6 weeks and it should settle a little.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How long for Botox to wear off?

In the forehead region, it will totally be gone in 3 months. That is a very small dose so I expect for you to start noticing some  improvement at 1 month. You need to go to someone who is an expert in injecting in this area as it can be tricky if they don't know the anatomy.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox duration

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. This is why I do not treat the forehead without also treating the glabellar areas (between the eyebrows). It will likely take 3-4 months for the effects to completely wear off, but you will likely notice improvement in your symptoms before then. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Longevity of 6 units of Botox in forehead

This is a small dosing and duration is related to dosing. I would say the lowering of the brow will improve within 4 weeks and it should be gone at about 2 months. There are futher injections which can elevate brows done on the sides of the eye and in the midline glabella too to mitigate the brow ptosis.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Six units is a small dose.  The heaviness you are feeling may wear off sooner than 3 months.  You may consider returning to your injector to see if more Botox can be placed in other areas to counteract the heaviness you are feeling.

Naveen Setty, MD

Botox in the forehead

Botox in the forehead is very tricky. It is relaxing forehead muscles that lift the brows in effort to smoothen wrinkles from overuse. I always warn first timers that heaviness around the brows can be noted initially. Some enjoy the smooth forehead but others don't like the feel. 6 units will wear off within a couple of months. Injecting around the eyes and in the glabella may help because it will lift the brows and offset some heaviness you are feeling. Good luck.

Tripti Burt, MD
Plainfield Plastic Surgeon

You can expect your BOTOX® to wear off within 6 to 8 weeks.

I’m sorry to hear of your negative experience with BOTOX®. Because you only had 6 units injected, your results will likely dissipate by the 2 month mark. It’s important for BOTOX® injectors to have a detailed understanding of facial anatomy so that a heavy brow isn’t the result. A skilled BOTOX® injector strikes a delicate balance between smoothing forehead lines and maintaining brow position. BOTOX® injections between and around the eyes may also help to offset some of the brow heaviness you’re experiencing.

Duration of Botox Treatment

Thank you very much for your question. I’m sorry you are unhappy with the results from your Botox treatment. On average, the results from Botox injections will last from three to four months. However, this will depend on the amount of Botox injected, the treatment area, and the individual patient. Results from the toxin will gradually fade, and with your very small dose,  you will notice some changes much sooner than three months. I recommend you speaking with your Botox provider, as additional injections can potentially counteract the issues you are experiencing. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD