Can Botox increase the size of the clitoris?

Botox for the clitoris

Thank you for your question Elkridge3249. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. Botox can also be used elsewhere in the body for other purposes but I am not aware of its use to increase the size of the clitoris. Please consult with an Ob/Gyn for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Encino Physician

Thanks for your question – and this is not one of the areas that we use Botox. If you are needing some help in this area, please consult with your GYN doctor.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and the Clitoris

Hello Elkridge3249,Thank you for sharing this question with us. Botox has many wonderful uses both "on label" and "off label" and is showing promise in many areas of medicine beyond the cosmetic realm; however clitoral enlargement is not one of them. It will not increase the size of your clitoris. Best of luck.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox for clitoral enhancement?

Botox will not enhance the clitoris. I suppose it is possible to enhance it with dermal fillers. I do know that people are injecting PRP in this area for enhanced stimulation. I don't know what results they are getting.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for sharing your question.  Botox can be used for both cosmetic and functional issues in the body but it can not increase the size of the clitoris.  

Botox for clitoral enlargement

Clinically it doesn't make sense to me that it would work. I did a quick review of the literature and I can't find anything to support using Botox in this way. It may increase blood flow due to relaxing the muscle in small arteries - as per it's use to treat cold fingers in Raynaud's - but doubtful this could increase the size. I would think PRP would have more effect and increase sensitivity as well. Consider Thermiva if a desire to increase sensitivity is the issue.

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician