Any way to address frown lines apart from Botox when pregnant?

I'm 36 years old and have some really deep static frown lines between my eyes which are very noticeable. I considered Botox, but due to being recently married and becoming pregnant very quickly I was advised to wait. I want to continue to have children for as long as I am able to but I'm nervous about the static frown lines deepening. Is there any other option that you can offer to help me - feeling a little distressed about the thought of looking permanently stressed/upset! Thank you for your time.

Addressing frown lines when pregnant

Thank you for your question.  Botox cosmetic and/or filler injections are excellent options for softening lines and augmenting the face.  I do not, however, recommend such injections while pregnant or breastfeeding.  Best of luck.

Botox for Frown Lines: Hold Off on Cosmetic Procedures When Pregnant

Generally I don't recommend any cosmetic procedures during pregnancy and breastfeeding, because there are no studies on outcomes. A good, natural skin care routine including exfoliation and refraining from frowning may help. Please see an expert when you're ready for laser resurfacing, mirconeedling with PRP, Botox, fillers. Best, Dr. Emer 

Frown lines during pregnancy

Hello, and thanks for your question. Sorry you have these concerns about your appearance. Botox is generally the best treatment for what you're describing, but I do not inject patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding, as we do not know the safety in these situations. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Cosmetic reatments for pregnant women

BOTOX is not approved for patients who are pregnant. Generally, if you’re not pregnant then having BOTOX is not an issue. Juvederm and other HA fillers could be used in the frown lines but they have not been studied in women who are pregnant.  For most pregnant patients, we recommend not doing un-necessary procedures.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hi there. You can totally drive to Montclair if you wish  and see me for a Cosmetic Consultation. There are many topicals including Sente dermal repair,TNS and Total Defense and Repair that I would recommend to you.  Please don't try and buy these products on the internet as they are 90% fake products that masquerade as the real thing.  You may not Botox while pregnant as it unknown whether or not it is safe for your baby, so it is not worth it. Good luck, Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox while pregnant

Congratulations on your pregnancy. As the other physicians have already mentioned, Botox has not been studied in pregnant and breast feeding women. Thus, you should wait until you are no longer breast feeding to have either Botox or filler.  However,  glabella lines can be treated with taping at night.  After you have washed your face you can spread the wrinkle flat and tape it in that position with some medical tape. The next morning you release the tape. While Botox and fillers are the gold standard, you may be satisfied with this method until you are able to get Botox.

David Steckler, MD, FACS
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Frown line treatment when pregnant

You supposed to be happy and glowing when pregnant, lol. Unfortunately, no injections with neuromodulators or fillers should be done when pregnant. The only thing that might be beneficial is a good relaxing facial with doctor approved skin care.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and pregnancy

Although there is no evidence that Botox would affect you or the baby there is nothing approved for use during pregnancy so you cannot be injected at this time. also, no filler is approved for use during pregnancy so the best is to get injected into the areas when you are not pregnant and be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox not recommended during pregnancy

Botox is not approved for use during pregnancy as you already know.  Take good care of your skin and address the wrinkles when you are not pregnant or breastfeeding.  If they are deep you can use a combination of botox and filler.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pregnant-Yes, Botox-No

Hello banana12345678,Thank you for your question. Although I can appreciate your dilemma the safety of Botox use in pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied or established and thus is not recommended and should be avoided.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician