I have a black stain on my temporary veneers, is this normal? (Photo)

Hi , I'm in the process of getting my teeth done and I have temporary veneers on. My gum bleeds usually and I woke up today to a back line on my front tooth, I was told this is a blood stain and it's not to worry about however is this normal or a sign of poor dentistry? my dentist is part of a specialist clinic so I initially trusted her work but is this an early sign I should try another dentist?

It is possible for this type of staining to occur on temporaries. You shouldn't have an issue with the permanent veneers. Look at them before they are cemented and make sure you are happy with the aesthetics.Congrats on your new smile and good luck!

New York Dentist

Porcelain Veneers

As a cosmetic dentist in Beverly Hills with emphasis on porcelain veneers, here is my take : It seems like a little crack in the temporary and a stain. It can happen, don't worry about it. Make sure you love the size, shape and proportions of your permanent veneers before cementing them permanently and you are good to go.Enjoy them and wear you new smile with pride.

Leakage under temporary #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
This can happen and is usually due to leakage under the temporaries.  This discoloration can be removed by your dentist with the use of hydrogen peroxide.  I would recommend contacting you dentist regarding this issue.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

"Black Scuzz" is normal with temporary crowns/veneers

It is NOT unusual to have a black or grey discoloration with temporary restorations.  This is easy removed with hydrogen peroxide at the time of final cementation of crowns/veneers.  You should be fine.