Is Growth Factor serum necessary for Microneedling?

I know that mature people use growth factor serum after microneedling, but if someone at age 25 has microneedling, will growth factor improve the results?

Microneedling, Fillers, Lasers, Botox/Dysport -- CAN BE DONE ALL SAME DAY

I do skin care with all my microneeding and laser patients and have all my young patients on vitamin c, glycolic creams, growth factors and retinols.  All are anti-aging and treat complexion.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling and vitamin C, retinoids, growth factors .....

There are many topicals that can help the results from microneedling and I recommend them based on their particular needs.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Growth Factor

Growth Factor serum is not necessary for microneedling regardless of age. Some people do use some type of topical therapy afterwards in an effort to enhance the effects. The idea is that the microneedling temporarily creates micro-channels into the dermal layers of the skin which allow for better penetration and absorption of chemicals and substances. Substances include growth factors, hyaluronic acid, and vitamins. However, there are no randomized control studies or definitive research that adding growth factor specifically will cause clinical improvement after microneedling when compared to microneedling alone. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician