What can I do to fix my uneven upper lip? (photos)

my upper lip is not on a straight line. The middle is really big whilst other is thin. It bulges out from the middle and forms a zig zag line.This makes m look miserably and droopy. From a side view is looks as if I am sad.also my mouth look smaller.When I smile the middle part of my upper lip covers my teeth and it looks hideous. I have provided a photo of a male. Will it be possible to make my lips similar to his - doesn't have to be exact but I would like it on a straight line and same shape

Fixing an uneven upper lip

Dear saleh123,

• There are ways to make lips look more symmetric and even
  • Based on your pictures, your upper lip can be filled out very similar to the model you have
  • When you are ready, please see some before and after pictures and visit a specialist

Dr. Nima

Lip Asymmetry

While there are several options to help achieve more symmetry in the lips, the best recommendation is to consult with a board certified specialist who can properly evaluate you and make a recommendation for your lips. Options include temporary and permanent solutions, but without evaluating your lips, it's hard to make any recommendations.

Kimberly Lee, MD

What can I do to fix my uneven upper lip?

Thank you for your photographs and questions.  I can see your area of concern, and as long as you are okay with adding overall size to your lips, I think the addition of a filler to the outer parts of your upper lip will help you get closer to your goal picture.  This will not affect the coverage of your front teeth, but it is normal to have a bit of overlap of your lip to your teeth. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you attain your goals.

Changing shape of lips

There are certain things that can be improved and some that can't. I think that you will be tough to satisfy with all your requests. Look at before and afters and choose you doc carefully. Changing your smile will be challenging.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Enhancing shape of lips

Injectable fillers can usually provide a very nice, even dramatic result and visually can balance you lips non-surgically. Fillers are used in the lips off label and I would only advise hyaluronic acid filler that can ultimately be dissolved if needed. Sometimes I use thicker filler then layer thinner one over it to refine the result. Juvederm Ultra and the latest filler, Restylane Silk, are very fine fillers and used for shaping while Juvederm Ultra Plus is good for volumizing. Make sure to see an injection specialist who is also an experienced in different fillers. Hope it's helpful.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon