What to do to fix dent in middle of forehead and eyebrows? (Photos)

I appear to have a protruding brow bone, but the center of my forehead appears to lack tissue which casts a dent in most lighting. Could this be fixed, to smooth out my face, in a non-invasive way? Whenever I raise my eyebrows slightly, I have a noticeable dent in between my eyebrows. I am unsure if I would need to have a higher nose bridge or if a combination of botox/fillers could smooth this section out. Also, how much would the total procedure cost?

Foredhead Dent

Botox works great in this area, but it works only on wrinkles that have movement. To correct the deeper lines you would need a filler. I recommend having a consultation with an expert injector to discuss your desires and concerns.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Forehead

Treatment of your forehead with Neuromodulators like xeomin or botox would be a good start. If it is not to your satisfaction, filler would also help.

Facial treatment

I agree that a combination of Botox and fillers would do the trick.  The best option would be to have it examined by a qualified physician to ensure that the right products are used.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

What to do to fix dent in middle of forehead and eyebrows?

A combination of Botox Cosmetic® and a thinner-viscosity filler such as Belotero® or Restylane® can be a great option as a more complete treatment than Botox Cosmetic® alone for deep forehead wrinkles.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Botox for the forehead

Thank you for your question LucilleA. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can be used to address wrinkles on the forehead. Pricing depends on the region and office. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Forehead dent

It looks like a combination of filler and Botox could improve that area. The cost is typically in the hundreds of dollars, not thousands, and the result will be temporary, but should last for months in the case of Botox, and possibly years in the case of the filler.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead dent

Thank you for your photos. It appears you have quite strong frontalis muscles. These muscles are the ones that control your eyebrows and create forehead wrinkles. The shallow look in the middle of the forehead is most likely due to the fact that the frontalis muscles are thin in that area. The bulk of the muscle is on the sides which accentuate the "dent" that is in the middle. Botox would be a great non-invasive way to selectively target these muscles to even out the forehead. As your muscles are paralyzed over time, they will thin from lack of use. Since botox is temporary, you will require repeat treatments every 3-4 months to maintain the effect. It is best to have an in-person examination to confirm if this is the cause of your appearance and  to determine the best treatment plan. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Dent in the middle of the eyebrows

Hi there,

Thank you for your question and photos.

What you are seeing in the middle of the brow is a line developing from the contraction of the muscles that bring your brows together. Using botox to selectively weaken the muscle between the brows would soften the lines and could completely erase the dent. If the dent is relatively deep and has been there for a while, adding filler to improve the contour can be very effective.

Hope this helps!

Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead furrows.

In a word, BOTOX. The lines are muscles that are contracting and Botox relaxes those muscles. If there are depressions that are present at rest (when making no expressions), then those are treated with injectable fillers. 

Long term, if the forehead begins to drop, the brow lift procedure may address the droopiness as well as providing long term resolution of these thick muscle contractions. 

Fixing A Dent In The Forehead and Brows

Hello Lucille. An in-person consultation and evaluation would be best to visualize the muscle movement in action. A combination of Botox and Fillers can be used to improve the area. I would start with the Botox first and then the Fillers if needed. Please make sure you see an experienced injector. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon