What can I do about excess fat on one side of my face after five year old fat transfer? Would Kybella help? (Photos)

Approx. 5 years ago I had fat transfer to help lift my my eyes. Against my better judgement...I took my doctors advice and allowed him to inject fat in my cheeks. One cheek is larger than the other and the fat appears to have dropped and is more noticeable on one side when I am bloated. 1) why hasn't it gone away by now? 2) what are my options? 3) would Kybella help? 4) would, weight loss help get rid of excess fat?

Sagging Face -- Fillers/sculptra, ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy, Viva Resurfacing; Neck/Face Lift

I see more sagging than I do fat but kybella, thermi, and liposuction can help this.  You likely need volume above to lift and are a candidate for neck/face lifting.  Please get a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Poor result after facial fat transfer?

Unfortunately this is a common problem these days. You need an in office consultation to feel the skin and decide on the best course of action. Make sure you see a very experienced surgeon so as not to make things worse.   

Reviews (665) Pictures (1451) Videos (283) Q&A (2859) Forum (82) Guides Cost What can I do about excess fat on one side of

The photos are not convincing  of there being more fat on one side or the other. This could be normal asymmetry, which is how it looks to me.   If there is localized fat on physical exam it can be removed with microliposuction under local anesthesia.

You seem to have a loose face with a good deal of excess skin. A facelift could be considered, but marionettes lines like yours are difficult to improve.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Excess Facial Fat after Injections

Some surgeons continue to say that fat injections don't last but you're an unfortunate example of a patient showing that this is not true. Properly done fat augmentation can be an excellent treatment. You need to be examined before discussing alternative treatments. Weight loss may decrease volume but this will not reduce the asymmetry. I would not recommend Kybella treatment of the cheeks. Based on these pictures I feel that improvement can be achieved.

One side of face different than the other

From your photos, it seems that your right face has more filler as well as skin redundancy. In order to improve your symmetry you have to tighten up your skin. This can be done with laser resurfacing or a facelift.

Arian Mowlavi, MD