Is it possible for a chemical peel to WORSEN wrinkles?

I am 25 years old and recently, while looking at my face under a magnifying mirror, I noticed that I had two very fine lines underneath my right eye. They weren't noticeable at all but knowing I had them bothered me so I decided to get a 30% TCA peel underneath my eyes. After the peel, my lines are WORSE. You couldn't see them before (only in the magnifying mirror) but now they are deeper and are noticeable in plain sight! Can a TCA peel cause this? What can I do to fix this?!

Chemical peels don't cause wrinkles.

Dead skin piling up from years of sun damage etc... can conceal creases and wrinkles. Peels help remove that sun damaged or wrinkled skin and show the more healthy refreshed skin. The more you peel your skin, the better it looks but sometimes the swelling from a   peel can distort the creases or skin for the 1st 3-4 months so be patient. The end results from peels are usually seen 3-4 months later as it tightens skin and builds collagen up with time.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. The light chemical peel is a mild treatment that can be repeated for up to six weeks in order to get the results that you want. Instead of removing deep wrinkles, dark spotting or scarring like the medium and deep chemical peels, this treatment will address fine wrinkles. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and follow their recovery instruction carefully.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon