After how many weeks will I lose my hair after stopping finastride after 1 year?

You may see hair loss in 3 to 6 months after stopping Propecia or finasteride. Everyone is different.

You may see hair loss in 3 to 6 months after stopping Propecia or finasteride.  Everyone is different. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You will start to see gradual hair loss after approximately 3 to 4 months. This may continue for 6-9 months. But remember you will only lose the hair that finasteride stopped you from losing. You will not be any worse off than if you had never started finasteride after 1 year Your hair count will be the same as if you had never used finasteride. Not any better or worse.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Stopping finasteride

The only hair that you will lose when you stop the finasteride is the hairs that were kept intact by the drug. This will happen over a 3 month period of time

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Finasteride and hair loss

Finasteride helps to maintain the hair you currently have.  However, once you stop using it the hairs that you would have lost (without using finasteride), will eventually fall out.  You will get to the point you would have been had you never taken the finasteride.  This drop out will occur slowly over several months.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon