28 year old with super flat face and big under eye muscle/bags. Would cheek implants help? (Photo)

my face bone structure is flat and Im about to get cheek and chin implants soon. I have these HUGE muscles under my eyes and people always confuse them with eyebags. I tried to treat it with botox but doesnt really work. if i get cheek implants, will this make it even worse?? what should I do? I want a permanent solution instead of injections. under certain lighting, the shadow it creates is TERRIBLE. when i smile,there is a huge hallow between my flat cheeks and my bulging undereye muscle/bag

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Cheeks can be augmented with fillers, fat or implants. The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. If surgery is an option it will recommend during a consultation. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options based on your facial structure. Best, Dr. Emer

28 year old with super flat face and big under eye muscle/bags. Would cheek implants help?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in front of the cheeks and the chin is weak. These combine to create an elongated oval shaped face. The lower eyelids show a thick eyelid muscle with very early signs of fat bags which doesn't require a lower eyelid surgery at this time.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine liposuction to reduce the excess fat and further shape the face.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Flat face and big under eye muscle/bags

A better approach would be to use volume enhancement with either synthetic fillers or fat transfer. Unlike fillers Fat Transfer is permanent and100% natural. Please see examples in link below.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon