How long does it take the swelling to go down completely after a breast lift or reduction?

Thank you for your question. The resolution and evolution of edema after surgery is as individualized as the person and the procedure itself. Swelling usually peaks 48 hours after surgery and then begins to slowly resolve. In a majority of patients, more than half of the swelling resolves in the two weeks after surgery. The swelling that remains can take several more months to dissipate and this varies depending on the type of surgery and physiologic properties of each patient.

Swelling after breast lift or reduction

I think that you have to give yourseld a god 4-6 months for the swelling to go down completely after a reduction or a lift.

Swelling after breast lift or breast reduction

The answer to your question would depend on which type of breast lift or reduction you had. Some mini-lift (such as a "donut mastopexy") have swelling that resolves in a few days. Large breast reductions can take 3 months to totally resolve.

Breast Lift or Reduction Swelling

Thank you for your question. Depending on activity (more activity, more swelling) at least 8-12 weeks minimum. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Generally speaking, the vast majority of swelling resolves within one to 2 months after these procedures are performed. The breasts will continue to change over the course of the next several months as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.