My shoulder has bad indentations and my back bothers me from the size of my breasts. I do like the size of big breasts (Photo)

If I have a breast reduction will my breasts be able to be full looking. I do like large breasts it is my shoulder and I am hunching over too. Shoulder indentation and back hurting too. What type procedure am I a canidate for and what type scarring will I have, If I decide they are too small can I add implants on top?

Breast Reduction

You are a great candidate for a breast reduction.  You breasts will still be full, however, not weighing you down and putting a toll on your body.  I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

If your back pain and other symptoms are significant then your only reliable way to alleviate your symptoms is with a breast reduction.  You can undergo a breast reduction and still maintain a full breast shape.  Arrange a consultation with a fully qualified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. He seem to be a good candidate for breast reduction. In this procedure, your breasts would be fuller on the top but overall smaller and uplifted. You would need a consultation for precise recommendations.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Liked size of breasts but has back pain

Thank you for your pictures. You have a decision to make. You have to decide if your back pain is the significant enough to have a breast reduction or are you willing to endure the back pain to preserve the size of your breast. If you do have a breast reduction you would require an anchor type incision to achieve the appropriate amount of reduction in size and to improve shape. 

Breast reduction

You do have very large breasts and if you desire a reduction you will likely best be treated using an inverted "T" or anchor type of incision pattern.

Good breast size and shape

Thank you for your inquiry. You will not need breast implants. You should certainly be able to get a very nice breast size as well as a nice breast shape. These are certainly possible with acceptable breast scarring and I think you will have a very nice result. Always consult a board certified plastic surgeon and one who is an expert in this procedure. Hope this helps.

Leland Deane MD FACS
Garden City NY 
Babylon NY 

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

My shoulder has bad indentations and my back bothers me from the size of my breasts.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you breasts cause.  A "small" breast reduction/lift may be helpful to you; sometimes it is breast position ("drag" down on your shoulder/back areas) even more than breast size that may be problematic.  In other words, raising the breasts on your chest wall may be helpful.

Generally speaking, it is possible for breast implants to placed after breast  reduction/lifting surgery for greater upper pole volume etc.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you when it comes to learning more about the procedure, including scaring concerns.

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question.  You can still have a breast reduction to reduce the size of your breasts to relieve the stress on your shoulders and back and still maintain a relatively full size in relation to your body frame.  The scar pattern would likely be an anchor shaped scar for breasts of your size.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS