Sexual activity wait time after blepharoplasty? Both eyes lower.

How long would one have to wait before resuming regular sexual activity after surgery ? I was told in can be up to 3 weeks? Is this correct ?

Usually two week...

Sexual activity can be classified in the same category as exercise in general. After eyelid surgery the usual wait is two weeks before exercise, and then to ease into it. As long as nothing hurts or your eyes don't get more swollen, you can advance how strenuous it is. Be sure to listen to your surgeon because he/she will know your individual situation much better.

Usually two week...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sex after cosmetic eyelid surgery

Plastic surgeons generally advise all patients to avoid any heavy or strenuous activity, including sex, for at least 2 weeks after plastic surgery. For patients who have had multiple procedures (ex. facelift, etc), the wait might be longer depending on the individual's recovery process. Ultimately, one should ask their plastic surgeon specifically how long they must wait.

Dr. Chaboki

Sex after cosmetic eyelid surgery

Dr. Chaboki

It somewhat depends on how vigorous your sex life is.

That means you need to use some judgement.  Certainly by three weeks, there is generally enough healing that many would be fine.  My professional athletes are advised to refrain from vigorous training for 6 weeks after eyelid surgery.  If your sex life is professional athlete vigorous, first, good for you, second, it might be prudent for you to heal from eyelid surgery a bit longer.  Get where I am going with this?

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and sexual activity

The term "sexual activity" is a broad term. We know nothing about your age, medical conditions or the type or extent of blepharoplasty you had performed. Your surgeon would be your best resource to answer such questions. I advise 4 weeks.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and sexual activity

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity after a blepharoplasty procedure

In our practice, we ask patients to refrain from strenuous activities for 2 weeks after the procedure.  It is best to check with your operative surgeon.

Sex and eye surgery

I think that in most cases it is best to wait 2-3 weeks before re-starting vigorous activity.  Best to always review with your surgeon.

Sex and eye surgery

Sex after Eyelid Surgery

intense physical activities including sex should be put on hold for 2 weeks after lower blepharoplasty. We also recommend that any activity that involves inverted positioning (head down), like yoga, be delayed for 2 weeks as well. After 2 weeks, a good rule of thumb is to resume activities slowly and gradually. -Randolph Capone, MD,FACS

Sex after Eyelid Surgery

Sexual activity following blepharoplasty

Thank you for asking your question. Rigorous activities such as exercise and sex should be avoided for 2 weeks post op.
Good luck,

Good luck,