TCA cross after microneedling.
Doctor Answers 1
TCA peel and microneedling
Thank you for asking about your TCA cross and microneedling.
- First what is involved -
- The TCA cross uses 80% trichloroacetic acid to treat deep acne pit scars.
- Microneedling places thousands of tiny punctures superficially in the skin to improve fine lines, superficial scars and skin texture.
- So you do NOT want strong acid placed onto raw skin.
- So the two can be done together ONLY if the TCA is applied first and has fully dried.
- Otherewise the microneedling will drive strong acid under the skin and damage the skin.
- To be completely safe, the two should be done separately but can be done at the same time by an experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist - who takes time to do it precisely.
- I would not myself have this combination done by anyone else.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.