I did an 18% TCA peel at home today. How soon can I do a 20% salicylic acid peel after this TCA peel?

and also, can i do this TCA peel monthly? how much do i have to wait to do my second at home 18% tca peel?

Self-treating with TCA and salicylic acid

Thank you for asking about your TCA peel and salicylic acid.

• Peels are actually difficult to do well and require professional judgement to avoid complications.
  • TCA and salicylic acid are done for different reasons but both have risks.
  • For this reason, I do not advise people on how to do peels on themselves -
  • You can end up with discolored or even scarred skin if you are not trained in these peels.
  • Please see a plastic or facial plastic surgeon or a dermatologist to do these peels for you or to train you in person to do them on yourself.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Chemical Peel -- TCA versus Salicylic Acid

These are use for different things and you could do sal acid at same time as the TCA.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.