I did an 18% TCA peel at home today. How soon can I do a 20% salicylic acid peel after this TCA peel?
Doctor Answers 3
Can not really advise you on what you are wanting to achieve, but as a guide, you should wait at least 3-4 weeks, depending on your skin type and how many coats of TCA. I do not advice more than 2 coats, 10% TCA as a DIY peel. At 18% I have seen scarring from DIY with multicoating. Video shows how to stay SAFE. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia.
Self-treating with TCA and salicylic acid
Thank you for asking about your TCA peel and salicylic acid.
- Peels are actually difficult to do well and require professional judgement to avoid complications.
- TCA and salicylic acid are done for different reasons but both have risks.
- For this reason, I do not advise people on how to do peels on themselves -
- You can end up with discolored or even scarred skin if you are not trained in these peels.
- Please see a plastic or facial plastic surgeon or a dermatologist to do these peels for you or to train you in person to do them on yourself.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Chemical Peel -- TCA versus Salicylic Acid
These are use for different things and you could do sal acid at same time as the TCA. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.