My lips shape is weird - what do I do? (Photo)

What Can You Do to Improve the Shape of Your Lips?

Thank you for your question. I would not recommend having lip augmentation as you already have nice full lips. However, if you want to add more volume to your lips, I would suggest a hyaluronic acid, such as Juvederm or Restylane. I would start out with a small amount such as half syringe, as you do not want to over filler your lips and then have to dissolve the filler. I recommend having a consultation with an expert injector to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks for your question and the photo. From the photo, you do have very nice lip fullness, but some asymmetry noted. I would suggest that you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of the treatment options that are available to you to make things right for you – but be careful, you do not need a lot of change. We would inject a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane or Restylane Kiss or Belotero into the lip borders to make things more symmetric. Again, be careful – not much is needed here.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Shape and Augmentation

The shape and volume of the lip can easily be adjusted with fillers based on the size and anatomy of your lips.  It is important to choose the correct filler for you based on your age and the current size of your lips. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lip injections for the best cosmetic results.

Michele S. Green, MD