How long will it take to see results for CO2 Acne scar treatment?

I had CO2 acne scar treatment done on the 23rd of August and would like to know long will it take to see results? I only had one treatment done at this point.

CO2 results evolve over 6-12 months

Hi, I just added some links that might be helpful...

Hi abc28.  You should start seeing some results by 4 weeks, but the improvements continue for 6 months or longer depending upon the settings, severity of the scars, etc. Your practioner will likely start you on ongoing skin care and additional nonablative treatments (like Profound radiofrequency microneedling) for maximum improvement. A photo log will help you see the progress as it is easy to forget the starting point. Best wishes,

Co2 Laser and Scars -- Combine with microneedling/PRP

It takes multiple procedures to get an outcome for acne scars.  Even a single co2 will do minimal unless its combined with fillers, microneedling/PRP, subcision etc. I suggest seeing an expert.  You will heal over 3 months from the co2.  We do fraxel or a nonablative treatment after 6 weeks regardless to get better outcomes. Best, Dr. Emer.

It can certainly take at least several months until you see the full improvement following a CO2 laser treatment. Improvement can go on for at least the first six months. We have had very good results with the Ikon laser in our office.  Certainly it is advisable to stay out of the sun for several months.

Good luck with your results.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon