How to become a liposuction model?

I just had a thought, obviously plastic surgeons that are new to this procedure must do live training right? So how would one become the model for a plastic surgeon to train on? I also take it that the treatment to the model would be free or at least reduced in price? Just curious to find out here

How to become a liposuction model?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Free liposuction in exchange for being a model?

• Thank you for your question about your liposuction.
  • You can get reduced rate liposuction from residents at a plastic surgeon training program -
  • You can find them in Houston and Dallas.
  • However, most liposuction ads use professional models.
  • And most before/after photos are based on paying patients.
  • For a new surgeon in practice who needs photos, you could offer your services and ask for a discount.
  • That said, liposuction sounds easy but it takes time and experience to get a good result.
  • Getting a good result the first time around may be easier than a disappointing result that can't be fixed.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
    Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction model

Thanks for your inquiry, I suggest you find a highly skilled and trained surgeon to perform your surgery. Do not be someone's "guinea pig". Sometimes medical school residency training program have a resident's clinic which are supervised by experienced surgeons--this may be an option--but this will still have some costs associated with it, though maybe less, good luck.  

Liposuction Candidate -- SEEK AN EXPERT

If you are considering liposuction, I suggest seeking a board certified cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Being the "guinea pig" for someone who is not board certified could lead to harmful results. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction training

Dear Zoe, I don't think this is a normal practice for any board certified plastic surgeon. Be carful in your search for this opportunity. Board Certified plastic surgeons get training through accredited university programs and train along practicing physicians, not finding clients to "practice" on. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon