Questions regarding lipo and pricing along with realistic expectations? (photos)

What would be the best type of lipo for me? Price range on the amount of fat I would need removed? I would like my thighs, abdomen/hips, and back done. Are my goal pictures anywhere near reasonable. I would be following up with exercising regularly after I healed completely. I do have a naturally curvy body when in shape. I'm 1 year post partum and very uncomfortable with my body, Help!

Good Liposuction Candidate

I applaud you for asking about realistic expectations, because that is so important to your overall satisfaction with the procedure. It appears you could benefit from liposuction, based on the photos posted. You appear to be in relatively good overall shape with an athletic body and good skin tone. Your "goal" photos may be difficult for your surgeon to replicate, but you can certainly get a slimmer figure that shows off your natural curves in a way that boosts your confidence. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon for a specific price quote on your procedure.

Questions regarding lipo and pricing along with realistic expectations?

I have reviewed your photos.  I think your expectations are reasonable.
The cost for liposuction of your thighs, abdomen, hips, and back would be $6,800 - $7,500
including procedure, operating room, and anesthesia.

Fred Suess, MD

Questions regarding Lipo and pricing along with realistic expectations.

Thank you for your question and photos. You are an excellent candidate for VASER Hi Def Lipo. You do start out with a good shape and can get a nice, athletic hourglass figure. The most important part for you is to choose the right surgeon who can deliver the results. I strongly disagree with surgeons saying that there's no difference and these advanced tools and techniques are just marketing. Again, it demonstrates their ignorance about body sculpting. There are two liposuction techniques, one is debulking and the other is revealing. The debulking technique is taught widely, basically it removed fat, but leaves you with an amorphous, albeit skinnier body. Revealing liposuction is an advanced technique (for patients under a BMI 30), in which muscle definition is created both on the torso, arms and chest for men and often fat grafting in women to the breasts or buttocks. This cannot be achieved consistently with traditional liposuction. All you need to do is visit the website of those surgeons who say there's no difference then visit the website of those surgeons who have been trained in the VASER technique. You be the judge. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation /evaluation. Good luck.

It's the Surgeon, Not the Machine

You are another victim of the intense marketing of high tech devices, misguiding you into thinking that the device (Vaser, laser, ultrasound, radio frequency, water jet, etc.) is the important variable in the equation. It's the least important.  What's important is the surgeon's training, experience, and skill that will give consistently good results to liposuction. 

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in body contouring.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and excess skin can be removed during the procedure. Unfortunately, cost cannot be determined without an in person consultation. Consult with a VASER Hi Definition expert to work with your personal goals and to give you the results you are seeking. Best, Dr. Emer

Goals of lipo reasonable?

You are an excellent patient for lipo of the areas you mention. You will not look like that model who is considerable younger and thinner than you are.  None the less, you should have an excellent result for your body shape, since you have good skin and very few stretch marks.  Losing weight and exercising to tighten your  body muscles for a few months before surgery  would also help.

Prices vary tremendously, depending on your geographic location. 

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon