Is it possible to remove fat from the area between the nose and the upper lip? (Photo)

I have a really fat "upper lip" <- not the top lips but the area on top of the lips. what I mean by fat is that it's THICK. I also have a thick top and bottom lip.

How to reduce thick upper lip?

Thank you for asking about your upper lip.

• It isn't clear in the photo if your lips are at rest or not so it makes it difficult to understand the problem.
  • Excess fat in the area between the nose and lips would be very unusual -
  • In this area, the problem is more likely to be excess muscle or poorly aligned upper teeth.
  • So to figure out the problem and know what to do, you should see a plastic surgeon in person.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facial Contouring- See an Expert

An in person consultation is needed for further evaluation. I suggest consulting with a facial contouring specialist. Best, Dr. Emer

Thick upper lip

You would need to be examined to see what could be done. Liposuction might not be the best choice for this area. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon