Firm lump on bridge of nose, under eye after nose job. (Photo)

Hello all, Firstly, I am aware I should direct all queries to my surgeon, but he is on holiday now and for quite some while, so I need someone to put my fears to rest. I have a lump on the right side of my nose, under my eye, which I discovered 6 days after surgery. It is firm, but does not feel like none. I'm ol tempted to massage it if it was localised swelling, but I don't really know what it is or what I'm doing. Help!

Rhinoplasty post op

Thank you very much for enquire. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Post rhinoplasty concerns

Dear radz1388, While your post states you are from London Texas I am assuming you are from London, UK by the word queries and holiday. The only reason I am stating that is that in the U.S. all surgeons must have another surgeon on call for them while they are on holiday. Your surgeon must have left someone on call or has an associate who you can contact that the office staff can give you so you can be evaluated. It is impossible to diagnose from photograph alone however it does appear the lump you are seeing may be caused from the osteotomy site and should be evaluated. Contact your surgeons office and ask for assistance to be seen by an on call surgeon to put your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty recovery

I would recommend following up with your surgeon once he gets back to ensure the best outcome. The swelling after a rhinoplasty is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD