Is it ok to use salt water spray on daily basis for Rhinoplasty patients?

Hi I had a rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and I have been using salt water spray called Ocean Spray to clean and moist my nasals. I've been thinking of making this my new resolution and maybe use it everyday since it opens my nasals and comforts me. Does it happen to cause any problems in the future if salt water spray is used everyday specifically for people who got operated?

Salt water spray post rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question.  The Ocean Spray is perfectly fine to use in the postoperative period for rhinoplasty.  In fact, this is something I recommend for use with my patients. 

Nasal sprays after rhinoplasty

Sara, good question.  Patients find that after rhinoplasty, a good nasal rinse can help clean their nasal pathways and, in some cases, improve their nasal allergies, congestion, etc as you are effectively removing any pathogens from the nasal mucosa.  There is no harm in using salt water spray daily afterwards, even with surgery having been done on your nose. It might be a little bit of overkill, but you will certainly not harm anything.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon