Can I do exercise after the first miraDry treatment (running, training)?

What I should expect after miradry treatment and can I train before the second treatment or its will effect the result of miradry

Miradry treatments and exercise

I am a leading expert in Miradry treatments and have co-authored a book on the subject. If you are planning Miradry, you may want to reduce the risk of swelling and bruising by doing lower body exercises for a few days after. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

MiraDry and exercise

Thank you for your question. I often recommend that you wait a few days before you resume normal activities. It is OK to go to the gym really soon afterwards, however you will feel like your armpits are more bloated and hot. After a few days, you can go back to normal exercise at a graduated pace.

Exercise after MiraDry

Great question! After your MiraDry treatment, you will experience numbness, swelling and some minor bruising. Most of these symptoms will subside after a few days/weeks. I advise my patient's to wait at least 4 days before resuming their exercise routine. This is mainly due to the additional swelling the activity can cause!

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Wait a few days before vigorous exercise

After your treatment, you will want to rest your arms for a few days.  This is mainly for your comfort and to reduce the amount and duration of swelling.  Exercise will not affect the treatment results.  

Exercise Post miraDry Treatment

Most patients experience minimal downtime after their MiraDry treatment and can return to regular activity, such as work, immediately. Exercise is typically resumed within several days. Patients often experience swelling, soreness, bruising, and sensitivity after their treatment that may last a few days. I recommend patients return to their normal exercise routine at their comfort level.

Louis P. Bucky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Miradry and Exercise

Most of our Newport Beach miraDry patients experience minimal downtime and return to their regular activities immediate following their treatment. You may experience some swelling, minor bruising and tenderness of the underarms, which should subside within a couple of weeks. We recommend avoiding strenuous activity requiring your arms until your symptoms have resolved. Some patients have short-term altered sensation of the underarm skin or upper arms. This will gradually disappear. If any of these side effects occur, we recommend avoiding strenuous activities requiring use of your arms until they have subsided.

Exercise as tolerated after miraDry procedure - Platinum Level miraDry provider in Williamsville, NY

miraDry is minimally invasive and one can resume activities as tolerated immediately after the procedure. 

Having said that, there is soft tissue swelling from the anesthetic for 24 hours and some induration which can last several weeks which may make some exercises of the upper extremities less tolerable - mostly due to the swelling. 

Importantly, no harm is done if you initiate exercise shortly after the 1st procedure. 

Read our ebook about miraDry provided on the link below. It is under the ebook section of the website link. 

MiraDry... excercise post treatment

Hi! I like to tell my patients to not do any upper body exercise for 1 week post miraDry treatment.  You can expect some welling for a few days after the treatment and it is recommended to ice the underarms for the first 24 to 48 hours.  This will help reduce the swelling and discomfort.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens                  Marina Plastic Surgery Associates                 Marina del Rey, CA          The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Exercise after miraDry

Heat causing activities may not make the area feel too good right after getting treated.  You want to cool down the area with ice the day of treatment.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD