Would Miradry work in any areas such as the groin, areola, near anus etc?

I have a condition known as hidradenitis suppurativa in which over active sweat glands cause my apocrine glands to clog up and causes boils where I have hair follicles. Would Miradry work in any of those areas (groin, areola, near anus..etc.)?

MiraDry

Unfortunately, miraDry is only FDA approved right now for the underarms.  Mira Mar Labs is working on possibly introducing this type of treatment to other parts of the body in the near future but as for now the only area is for the axilla.  

Best.

MiraDry for buttock area.

Thank you for your question. miraDry is only FDA approved for axillary sweating and you will unlikely find a provider that deviates from this until more safety data arises. In addition, it is not considered a treatment for hidradenitis suppurative.  Humira has recently been approved for HS and you may want to consider this.

Hidradenitis vs hyperhidrosis and miraDry

MiraDry is FDA cleared to treat hyperhidrosis and not hidradenitis, which is a different condition altogether. 

If you want to read about miraDry for hyperhidrosis, read my ebook.

We are a Platinum Level Provider for miraDry, one of only few centers with that designation in the U.S.

Dr Karamanoukian

Hidradenitis Supperativa

While Miradry is not an option for HS yet (possibly effective in some people for the HS in the axilla); Humira is a treatment that has been recently FDA approved specifically for HS. Humira has been FDA approved for use in psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid Arthritis for more than 10 years. Many dermatologists tried using it for HS and were successful with it which caused the company to study the treatment which was found to be effective. I would recommend speaking with your dermatologist to see if you are a good candidate for it.
I hope this helps!

Miradry for the armpits

I am a national expert on hyperhidrosis and have seen amazing results with Miradry. There are ongoing studies that I am personally aware of for body hyperhidrosis treatment. At this time, Miradry is only FDA approved for the armpits. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Miradry for other areas

Miradry has been tested and proven in patients with axillary hyperhidrosis. Although it has not been shown to work in other areas and therefore cannot be recommended for use in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa, it is possible it may work. The appropriate studies need to be performed before it can be recommended.

Miradry

The Miradry is not currently being used outside the FDA approved area under the arm. The Miradry has potential to work on other areas but has not been studied yet.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Miradry

Miradry is not yet approved for use in areas other than the underarms.  However, they may be working on applicators for other areas of the body.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Miradry for Hidradenitis

Miradry is currently not approved for use in those areas; however, it is possible that it can work as it destroys the glands involved in the development of hidradenitis.  

Sejal Shah, MD