Are cheek implants truly safe and would you use screws or not?

Have heard many bad stories about the material and about the implant moving for me I want a permanent implant so that I don't keep going to get fillers . I am male and in desperate want of high cheek bones

Cheek implants and fixation!

I have used Silastic implants for more than 35 years without movement and no screws etc. for fixation. If a surgeon uses screws there's nothing wrong with this but I have not found them needed and my implants do not move.  See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking implants which is more important than the method of fixation. 

Male Cheek Implants

The high cheek bone look in a male almost always requires either custom or semi-custom designed cheek implants. Almost every style of cheek implant is more suited for  females  and most styles are not going to provide a high cheek bone look. Any facial implant has the potential to move or short although this always an early postoperative issue not usually a delayed one. Screw fixation is one simple method to assure this does not happen.

Cheek implants without screws

Cheek implants are performed for patient who have a flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile. Cheek implants are manufactured out of Silastic, and come in a large array of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. In our practice we do not use screw fixation. For many examples of cheek implants, please see  the link and the video below

Hi, I have performed many Cheek Augmentations, using cheek implants, for the past 30 years.  When properly placed, cheek implants do not require sutures or screws to hold them in place and should not move or shift.  This procedure does require extensive experience to properly select the right size, shape and thickness of cheek implant as well as close all lanes of the cheek tissues.  Silastic cheek implants, in my opinion, are not only very safe and highly effective at creating facial shape but are the "best" tolerated implant used in plastic & cosmetic surgery.  It's important to note that using a metal screw to attach a soft implant to the hard bone surface will just result in the screw puncturing through the much softer cheek implant.  It's not only not required but a useless endeavor in my humble opinion. 
Non smiling photos, of your face, from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.
Hope this helps.

Matar Augmentation Questions

Techniques and implant materials vary by patient and surgeon's preference, but when properly performed, cheek implantation surgery offers excellent results. I prefer to use implants made from silastic material and secure them to the malar bone region with small titanium screws. This prevents any post-operative issues with movement, as the implants are rigidly fixed via the screws and cannot move. 
Implantech, Inc. has a nice catalog collection of various sizes and shapes for these implants. They are my preferred source for facial implants and have consistently manufactured a quality product for cosmetic surgery. Hope this answer helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon