Can I change my top lip to look more like Taylor Hills top lip? (photos)

My top lip is more full than my bottem lip and it juts out. It also droops and causes my appearance to look sad. I was wondering if I could have a procedure done where my lips could curve up. Ideally I'd like a top lip like Taylor Hill. Is this possible?

Lip Augmentation with Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane

Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can be used to augment the lip and create additional shape, drooping of the upper lip would need a lip lift to give full improvement. Because you are seeking a different shape, I would suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer. 

Change in shape of lips

Yes, the shape of your lips can be adjusted and modified, within limits imposed by nature and common sense.  Hyaluronan filler, Aquamid, corner of lip lift, lip lift, V to Y and other "plasties," myotomies or Botox, and other techniques are incorporated as needed to produce your desired result.  Sometimes, dental work is indicated as well.  Relationship of lips and teeth are important aesthetic elements.

Steve Laverson, MD

Lip filler

Thank you for your question. While I understand your desire to improve the appearance of your lips, Replicating someone else's looks almost always results in less than optimal outcome when it comes to injections. This is because the anatomy of your lips matches that of your face, and is based on genetics, muscle movement, and multiple other factors. Allowing for this, it is possible to make significant improvements in the appearance of your lips, by injecting Botox or Dysport in 2 muscles called DAO, which travel from the corner of your mouth to your mandible, pulling your mouth corners down. This will allow for your mouth corners to lift, and approximate that of the desired images. In addition, by injecting a small amount of filler in the center of your upper lip, we can achieve more of a straight upper lip look that is provided in the example. Remember your lips are beautiful, and they match your face, so don't try to alter them too much. Best of luck!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Can I angle the corners of my lips up?

Your lips appear differently in your photos, but generally an in office procedure using Juvederm would benefit you.

Look for an experienced Specialist in your area.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I change my top lip to look more like Taylor Hills top lip?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  With a combination of well-placed dermal filler and Botox I think you can improve your lip appearance to better approximate your desired goal.  Botox can be used to soften the downturned angle of your lips caused by a pair of muscles along your lower jaw while the filler can help support the corners and add fullness the the portions of your upper lip to better match Ms. Hills.  Hope this helps.