Want to reduce philtrum length, should I get a lip lift or nose lengthening? (photos)

I am very unhappy with my philtrum length and would like to shorten it somehow. Assuming that the effect on my smile is negligible and ignoring the scar, would a lip lift make my lips look unbalanced or 'off'?

Lip lift

The lip lift would be an excellent treatment for the "long philtrum syndrome" that you demonstrate.  The scar should be very minimal, well hidden in the base of the nose.  The surgery is individually designed for your specific goals with you pre-peratively.  The surgery is easily done under local anesthesia, and the recovery is easy.  The results are long lasting, and patient satisfaction has been very high.

Want to rescue philtrum length?

Thank you for your question. If you are aware of the scar creation needed for a lip lift this is one way to achieve a shorter philtrum length.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.

Shortening the lip/philtrum

It is possible to shorten philtrum and lip with surgery. However, you will have to accept a scar; well hidden underneath your nose, it is still a scar.

You should have a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon in your area and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift to shorten philtrum?

Lip lift to shorten philtrum? This is what will do the trick. See a very experienced lip lift surgeon who hides the incision in the nostrils.