I Live in Philadelphia Looking on Spending 4500 on Lipo/tummy Tuck. i work in the health care field and I'm familiar with the fees but i wanted to know if its possible to have this done with the price i gave or if there is a discount fee for related health care workers. I also don't mind having it done in the tri-state area?
Lipo / Tummy Tuck for $4,500 in Philadelphia?
Doctor Answers 14
Tummy tuck fees
I would say that the fee you mention would be quite low in NYC. Remember sometimes what you pay for is what you get, and you may end up paying more in the long run for repairs.
Tummy tuck: $3500 Do I have any takers?
This would be relatively low for the complexity of the procedure. One other option is to contact the plastic surgery department at the local universtiy and inquire as to options for resident supervised trainng,
Lipo / Tummy Tuck for $4,500 in Philadelphia
To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).
Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.
You might also like...
Tummy Tuck and muscle tightening and lipo in Philadelphia
The cost will depend upon the type of tummy tuck anesthesia skill find an experience of the surgeon. There’ll be regional differences. Approximate costs can be found on real self, and other websites such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Payment plans can be offered through Care Credit, local banks, credit cards, and other companies such as Prosper. Some plans have 12-18 months interest free.
Cost of a Tummy Tuck
All of these factors influence the cost. In Orange County, the estimated range is $7000- $15,000+ depending on the variables above.
Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. You should discuss your the price and your situation with your surgeon.
See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure.
General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.
2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?
Costs of Tummy Tuck
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
Tummy tuck discount
I must agree with the majority of my colleagues. While most surgeons offer a discount for a number of reasons, including other health care workers, virtually no discount could ever bring the overall price down that low. In fact, that is about half of what most tristate area plastic surgeons charge. In my practice, the average all inclusive price of a tummy tuck is $7500. This includes board certified anesthesia and facility costs. Be very careful about signing up for something "cheap" when you are looking for something worth the cost. Good luck
Cost of tummy tuck and liposuction
Find your plastic surgeon before you comprimise anything with price. Once you establish plastic surgeons that would be acceptable to you, discuss their fees and see where it goes.
Most of us are pretty reasonable when confronted with another health care provider and quite frankly, a plastic surgeon being asked by another in our field is quite an honor, especially if at an OR we work etc.
Steven M. Lynch, M.D.
Tummy Tuck Costs?
Thank you for the question.
You will find that the cost of surgery will vary significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully. Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials. Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).
If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”, wait on having the surgery until you can afford them. Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.