Can I Get a Tummy Tuck if my Omentum Has Been Removed?

Can U Get a T. Tuck After Your Omentum Has Been Removed?

Yes, you can have a tummy tuck if your omentum has been removed

omentum is inside the abdomen. its previous removal has no effect on your ability to have a tummy tuck.

Omentum and tummy tuck

The omentum is found deep to the muscle layers and in no way will get in the way of a tummy tuck. You should be fine.

A Tummy Tuck CAN be done after an Omentectomy providing it was not done for Cancer

It itself an omentectomy (the removal of the fatty apron draping from the greater curvature of the stomach) is not significant except when done in cancer cases. If you had or , worse yet, are recovering from cancer surgery then you should clear this with your cancer doctors. Otherwise - there is NO reason why you could not have a Tummy Tuck after an omentectomy. Dr. Peter Aldea

Tummy Tuck without Omentum

There is no reason you can't have a tummy tuck after the removal of your omen tum.When doing a Tummy y tuck you never go into the abdomen so all should be fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Prior abdominal surgery and tummy tuck

A tummy tuck should not be effected by your prior history of omental resection unless you have a resulting hernia or transverse scar which could require more extensive surgery or interfere with the blood supply to the skin, respectively.

Tummy Tuck if my Omentum Has Been Removed

Most likely but I would want to know the reason for the omental removal. Please see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

There is No Relationship Between Tummy Tuck and Omentum

There is no particular relationship between your omentum and a tummy tuck.  Having previously had your omentum removed (although I am curious as to why which you failed to mention) should not interfere with having a tummy tuck performed, assuming that there is not more to the story.

John Whitt, MD (retired)