Length of Time to Wear Spandex Garment on Arms After Brachioplasty?

I had brachioplasty June 25th The Dr did a small amnt of lipo on my upper buttocks to put into my arms to replace fat that a previous Dr had taken out. She told me I could quit wearing the spandex-type garment around my hips. But suggested I continue wearing the spandex garment on my arms another week. However, I discovered yesterday that I cannot fully stretch my right arm out-a tendon inside my arm seems to be very tight. Wld it be very detrimental for me to quit wearing the garment now?

Compression garment after Armlifting Surgery

Each surgeon is different and so I would suggest that you listen to the recommendations of your surgeon since he/she is the one who performed your surgery.  I normally ask patients to wear the compression garment for 4 weeks post op.

Compression Devices Following Brachioplasty

Compression garments are frequently used following arm lift surgery for several reasons. These devices provide compression which reduces swelling, increases comfort and minimizes the potential for seroma formation.

The management of compression garments varies from surgeon to surgeon. I generally tell patients to use compression garments for three weeks following surgery. When drains are used, we continue the use of compression for longer periods of time. It's interesting to note that when we discontinue the use of these devices, many patients continue to wear them. In some cases, we switch to spandex garments at this point in time. Patients feel that the extra support makes them feel more comfortable during activity.

If you're having difficulty with range of motion following arm lift surgery, it's important to consult your surgeon. Spandex garments will have no impact upon this problem. Your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Garments and arm surgery

I prefer to have my patiens wear compression garment for 3-6 weeks after surgery, but every surgeon is different.

Length of time to wear compression garment for arm lift

I would continue with the recommendations of your plastic surgeon. They know best what was done and the possible explanation for your symptoms.