Crepey Wrinkled Skin on the Inside of Arm

I am 50 yrs old and have this disgusting creepy wrinklied skin on the inside of my arms where the elbow bends. I am thin and lift weights on a regular basis. Haven't lost any weight. Is there any tightening procedure that might work on this area? Could this issue be caused from lack of iron?

Arm Treatments

There are many possible reasons for why wrinkled skin developed on the inside of your arms. The best procedure to obtain optimal results would depend of a variety of factors. If the issue is strictly loose skin then an arm lift, medically known as brachioplasty, would be the most appropriate approach. Non-invasive treatments such as laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels and injectables could possibly be effective depending on the severity of the problem. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your cosmetic concerns and options.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Options for non surgical arm lift in Los Angeles

Excellent question. I would begin with a non-surgical skin tightening protocol that may include ablative lasers, non ablative lasers, and RF Ematrix to tighten the loose skin.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Improving Think, Crepey, Wrinkled Skin of the Arms

Dear new me,

Thin, crepey, wrinkled skin is often associated with aging. There is no magic bullet for treating this condition, but there are several treatments that *may* help soften the condition.

Treatment options include:

*Topical medicines

*Nonsurgical treatments such as noninvasive energy based skin tightening treatments such as Exilis or Ultherapy; skin resurfacing with fractionated laser or IPL; collagen induction therapy; injectable fillers, etc.

*Minimally invasive procedures such as subdermal skin tightening using laser or radiofrequency

*Surgery such as the armlift

Please keep in mind that this condition is very difficult to treat and the effectiveness of these treatments are very modest for most, though occasionally some patients do experience significant improvement. Realistic expectations are important, and be very careful if any provider promises you otherwise.

There is an emerging field of regenerative medicine that may be able to help this condition better in the future.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Cosmetic Dermatologist to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Non surgical treatment for wrinkled skin inside arms

Thank you for your question regarding wrinkled elbow skin. Without pictures and a thorough physical examination it is difficult to answer your questions. Since you are thin, have not lost weight, and exercise regularly, I doubt you have any excess arm fat. It sounds like you have just excess arm skin. If your arm skin tone is good, I would suggest the Fraxel laser. If the Fraxel laser does not work, I would suggest skin resection. Since the excess skin is around the elbow, I would anticipate the incision needs to be placed around the inner elbow. If you have excess arm skin and fat to the axillae, I would suggest the incision extend from the arm pit to the elbow.

Good luck with your quest for skinnier arms and elbows.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Wrinkled skin under arms

There are many causes for flabby arms. Incisions can be very small or large depending on location of fat. If one has flabby arms, the best indicator of the treatment would be the elasticity of the skin.  If the skin has good elasticity, then Liposuction alone may be the answer.  If not, then an arm lift to resect the excess skin is best.  However, the best indication for an arm lift, and the most gratifying are those who have lost a lot of weight.  The skin is usually flabby and overstretched.  It is simple and effective to remove the skin that has been stretched past its capacity.  No Liposuction, or other noninvasive modalitiy will help the skin become more firm around the arms.  The length and type of the incision will vary depending upon the location and the amount of fat in the arms.  The cost will also vary by geographic locale.  Most will run anywhere from $3500-$7000.  I would advise you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to have treatment recommendations specific to your concerns.

Wrinkled skin of the arms

Thin wrinkled skin is not due to lack of iron just loss of skin elasticity with aging and photodamage.  A suggestion would be to try a radiofrequency treatment like Exilis.