Can I ever regain the curves in my hips after Liposuction?

I had lipo on my abs & back. I see that the only incision marks are one on each hip. Since the incision site is on my hips was the fat from my hips likely altered or removed in the process? I love how curvy my hips were preop & only wanted to remove fat from my back and abs. I see now that my hips seem flatter than before. Since the incision site was at my hips, is that the reason why they look so much flatter than before? Can I ever gain weight in that area again to regain my curves in my hips?

Liposuction - can I regain my curves?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I think it would be wise to ask your surgeon what s/he did and where the fat was taken.
  • Your hips may look smaller because the other areas are temporarily swollen.
  • Or fat may have been taken in areas you didn't want it removed.
  • If liposuction was 6 months ago or more, you can have fat transfers to restore fat to your help-
  • Please see a plastic surgeon to see what can be done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Regain Curves to Hips After Liposuction--Fat Transfer for Curves

Fat transfer can help restore curvy hips. I suggest a formal consult with someone who has a good aesthetic eye and has the most advanced techniques in fat harvesting and transfer.  Best, Dr. Emer.