Will inner thigh and knee lipo give an appearance of longer legs? (Photo)

I have very short legs relative to my body. I'm 5'1" (on a good day) and my inseam is 27.5" and the length from ground up to the top of my hip bone is 36". I am pear shape with muscular legs but tend to hold fat there as well. I am scheduled for a Mommy Makeover but have the option to include the inner thigh and knee lipo. I'd like to do the lipo if the result will be slimmer, longer looking legs.

Thigh liposuction considerations #plasticsurgery

Liposuction of the outer, inner and sometimes the front of the thighs can create a thinner thigh shape for most patients. The best way to create the illusion of longer leg length is with careful clothing selection. 

Inner Thigh/Knee Lipo/Appearance of Longer Legs--Thigh Fat--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Full leg/bodyContouring can give the appearance of longer legs. I do a significant amount of full leg/body contouring using VASER 4D shaping. Please see an expert in Body Contouring and VASER 4D for a formal consultation.   Best, Dr. Emer.

Slimming/toning legs

Liposuction in the hands of an expert can definitely slim, contour, and create the illusion of length. Particularly in your case, improving the shape of your inner thighs and around the knees will draw attention upwards instead of focusing attention down below. In my practice I use Vaser liposuction which is ultrasound driven liposuction to break down the fat and tighten the skin in problem areas. Inner thighs are often problematic in women as they age and despite a healthy lifestyle and rigorous exercise routine, can be troublesome and difficult to get rid of! I believe in LIPOSCULPTING as an art form - make sure your surgeon is board-certified and make sure your vision is the same as his/hers! I hope this helps. -Dr. Mills.

Dan Mills, MD

Inner thigh and knee liposuction

Theoretically the answer to your question is yes.

In reality liposuction should be done for the purpose of creating a contour rather than The illusion of lengthening your legs.

If you feel like your legs are too big then liposuction may be an excellent choice to correct your overall body contour.

I personally do liposuction without the use of general anesthesia.

I find that inner thighs are particularly difficult to do when patients are asleep.

Inner thighs or technically difficult to start with.

If your plastic surgeon has expertise and can produce multiple excellent before and after pictures and this is something you would like to accomplish then  the decision is yours.

Depending on how much surgery is involved with your mommy makeover(breast lift, full abdominoplasty etc.) it may be wise to not add on more procedures.

Liposuction when done well can be time-consuming and detail oriented.

When there's an extensive amount of surgery to be done in one day sometimes corners maybe cut.

I personally view liposuction it's a very sophisticated procedure that takes years to master.

My practice is devoted exclusively to liposuction and for transfer.

Lower extremity liposuction may be a great procedure for you but be careful of how much you try to accomplish in one day.

The recovery from a full Abdominoplasty is challenging.

Adding multiple procedures increases the chance of complications and makes the recovery worse.

Talk to your plastic surgeon about what he or she recommends.

In the end the decision of choosing to add liposuction will obviously be yours and no one on real self is going to be able to answer it for you.

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Inner thigh liposuction

Inner thigh liposuction can create a thinner thigh but the illusion of length may be better achieved with the height of your heel.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - should I add the leg liposuction

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Based on your photos, a conservative, small cannula liposuction of the knee and inner thigh may give you a slimmer look and is reasonable to do with the mommy make-over if time allows.
  • But this is based on the assumption that the areas of fullness are fat - and to be sure, an exam is needed.
  • If your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, changes are the plan is perfectly appropriate.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Will inner thigh and knee lipo give an appearance of longer legs.

The answer to your question, in general, is yes, to the extent that the legs can be made slimmer with liposuction the overall appearance will be more slender and longer.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Will inner thigh and knee lipo give an appearance of longer legs?

If there is sufficient fat present (your photos don't tell me with certainty), lipo can make thighs leaner and longer in appearance.  This is usually the case when patients have some fat in the inner thigh and prominent fat in the outer thigh (saddlebag).  You'd get the best answer by a face to face exam where your needs can best be assessed.  

Good luck if you proceed.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction of inner thighs and knees definitely makes legs look better.

Liposuction of the inner thighs and knees are always done together and really make the legs look better and slimmer.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon