Will my breast get saggy and wrinkly after implant removal? (Photo)

I'm 5'6, weigh 115lbs. I got my breasts done in July, 2013. I'd like to get my breast implants removed but I've been wondering if my breasts get saggy after implant removal. Thank you in advance.

Impossible to say- but generally the larger the implant size - the more the breast will sag. It seems awfully early to be removing implants( 2 years later)- they look fine in these selfies but only your original surgeon can tell. If you insist on removing them. I would wait before considering additional surgery until whatever caused you to be unhappy with them has resolved and your breasts have had time to heal.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

It is difficult to know if your breasts will get saggy and wrinkly after implant removal because you do not mention what size implants you have.  How much of your own breast tissue you have is very important to the overall outcome of your implant removal surgery.  Generally if a women has little breast tissue and she has implant removal, it is best to have a lift performed to avoid the "saggy,wrinkly" look.  Seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of revision breast surgery/explantations for more detailed advice.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Explant sagging

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, your breasts are unlikely to droop after explanation.  They will be deflated and flat which is different from drooping or sagging which has to do with nipple position.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Explantation Expectations

Good evening!

I have 10-15 patients every year see me for removal without replacement, and with the proper technique your breasts will go back to exactly the way they were before you ever had implants.

My approach is the following:

1) completely remove the capsule and the implants

2) place a drain for five days

3) you wear a tight compression bra 24/7 for 12 weeks

After the 12 weeks I reexamine you, and 1 in 20 patients will need a lift, whereas all the others have had enough tissue shrinkage that a lift is not necessary.

Hope this helps!

Will my breast get saggy and wrinkly after implant removal?

Thank you for the question and pictures.
Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Consulting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person will be helpful.
I hope this, and the attached link helps.

Breast implant removal

Hello, thank you for this question. I do believe that based on your pictures that you will have some sagging after breast implant removal. It looks like you have a very nice cosmetic result and I would wonder why you want to have the implants removed. If you are having pain and her discomfort that may be something you can discuss with your plastic surgeon. You may also consider allowing the skin envelope to tighten up following removal and may consider placing some fat grafts if you want to add some fullness after removal. I would recommend you discussed all of this with the board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in breast procedures.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon