Can I get a muscular looking chest after liposuction for my gynacomastia?

Can I get a Muscular Chest?

I believe that after gynecomastia surgery, the best intention to rebuild a muscular chest would be based upon the type of condition and surgery you had in the first place. I believe once you have healed properly and are back to 100% activity, rebuilding a muscular chest by exercise would be possible. However, the best final answer to this question for your case would be with your own surgeon in order to ensure the best steps are taken.

A muscular looking chest after liposuction for gynecomastia?

That really depends on your skin elasticity and underlying muscles as well as percentage of body fat.  Patients are pleased to no longer have a feminine appearing chest after gynecomastia surgery.  Body builders typically have a very low percentage body fat that allows the skin to show off the muscles underneath.  So if your skin is very elastic, and you lose the body fat and build the muscles yes- but not simply because of the surgery.

Jonathan Hall, MD

Yes you can...

Hi. Yes it is possible to get a muscular looking chest after liposuction for my gynecomastia. We contour the fat along the pectoralis muscle to give you the definition. And once the gland is removed, it surfaces the underlying muscle, giving it a muscular look. Will appreciate if you can send your photos to advice the expected outcome. 

Chest shape results following gynecomastia surgery

Your results following surgery for gynecomastia correction depends on your native soft tissue laxity, your percent body fat, and the underlying muscular frame.  Without the benefit of photos and an examination, it is not possible to give you much direction.  Best visit with two plastic surgeons for at least two opinions.  Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Ginecomastia and chest muscle

Hello,  thank you for your question.   It's hard to answer without seeing photos but it would depend if you already have built muscle on the chest area.   Most of the cases the patient need to go to a gym to gain some muscle.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Lipo to chest wall

Its hard to say without seeing pictures.  There are a lot of factors that come into play when determining the outcome of straight liposuction to this area.  You will definitely have a  reduction of fat in the area and along with working out and a healthy diet you should see results.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon