Outcome of hair transplant result if I have oily scalp.

I am having a oily scalp and oily hairs .I want to know wheather oily scalp will effect the result of hair transplant or not.

Oily Scalp

An oily scalp shouldn't have an impact on the growth of your newly transplanted hairs. It may be a sign of poor hygiene and that you need to wash thoroughly or you may just naturally have a very oily scalp. Either way once you can wash your hair normally the oils shouldn't be as obvious on your head.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Oily scalp or dry scalp will not have an impact on your hair transplant surgery results.

Oily scalp or dry scalp will not have an impact on your hair transplant surgery results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Oily scalp

People will oily scalp who have a hair transplant will do as well as anyone without an oily scalp. Don't worry

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Outcome of hair transplant

oily scalp will not effect the result of hair transplant. But it is important to clean the transplant area well after HT, otherwise oil and dirt may provide a good milieu for infection. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Oily scalp

you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hairs, as well as discuss the options available to you. post op care and washing will be crucial to you, especially with the oily scalp but that alone should not affect the result of your surgery.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician