Grafts are falling with white bulbs, is this normal?

Hi, after 1 month of post op my grafts are falling with white bulb..I Know its common but my question is falling with white bulb is bothering me,Thanks

It is normal to lose transplanted hairs weeks after surgery. It would be best to contact your doctor if you have issues.

It is normal to lose transplanted hairs weeks after surgery.  It would be best to contact your doctor if you have issues since it is not possible tell what you are describing.  It may be failed grafts, scabs, wax buildup, etc.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thanks for your query. It is not normal for the hair to fall off with the bulb. This can be a sign of hair transplant failure. You are advised to show it to your treating doctor as soon as possible

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Graft shedding

Shedding usually starts at about 1 weeks, can be 2-3 weeks and some or all of he grafts will shed and then return at 4-6 months. At 40 days, I would not expect any significant growth. You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 months for 80% of the growth to show up, What you are seeing is probably normal shedding

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon