Will a 325cc mentor implant be too large for my small frame? (photos)

I am 102lbs 5 foot. I am currently more of a half cup size but wearing a 32b. I will be having the implant placed under the muscle so it will look as if its the 300cc. However I am worried the width may be to much. Please give me opinions!

Will a 325cc mentor implant be too large for my small frame?

Thank you for your question.  Your breast anatomy is excellent and you should be able to achieve a very nice breast augmentation result.  The size of your implant should be based on the base width of your breast which your surgeon should have measured.  The difference between a 300 cc and 325 cc breast implant is minimal and if your surgeon felt a 300 cc would fit you a 325 cc well likely as well.  For more information on breast implants sizing please read the following link:

Implant size

From your photos a 325 cc implant sounds good,but they come in a moderate to high profile. High profile will give you projection and not be as wide. Discuss with your plastic surgeon

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Based on your photos, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.   Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals we have time for a you their stuff's's homewith your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

325 too large

I think this should do well with your frame.I always tell my patiuents at the end of the day I have to close the wound so I think 325 should be fine for you.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision. Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.   Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz

IS this too broad for me?

Thanks for your question. A 325 cc should be a good option for you and Mentor makes several shapes with different width to fit your breast diameter and your body very nicely. Ask your plastic surgeon what your breast base diameter measurement was during the consultation and then pick a 325 cc that fits within that measurement to avoid looking too wide. You can look at the link below, find some patients with similar sizes and measurements and see what 325 cc does for them. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD