Do you have to be over 21 to have Juvederm lip fillers? (Photo)

I've been looking for a doctor to get lip injections done, but a lot of them say "over 21" in the description of if the procedure is right for you. I have just recently turned 21 in October and was seriously considering getting lip fillers within the next 6 months. I've included a photo of my natural lips, I think one syringe will give me the slightly plumped jo effect I'm going for.

Do You Have To Be Over 21 To Have Juvederm Lip Fillers?

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photograph.  You can receive Juvederm at any age, but should always see an expert injector to ensure that you are a good candidate for the procedure.  Under the age of 18, parental consent would be required in order to undergo the procedure.  Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Juvederm

For fillers, there are no age restrictions. However, if you are under the age of 18 you will need parental consent to have the procedure done.  According to the picture, your lips look naturally full, so the results you’re looking for, should be easily accomplished without having to use a large amount of filler.  As always, I recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist with experience in fillers to get the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Do you have to be over 21 to have Juvederm lip fillers?

Thank you for your photograph and question. I think you would obtain a nice volume enhancement with the use of a non-permanent, hyaluronic acid filler, such as juvederm ultra plus, and I would start with a half syringe for your upper lip and the other half for the lower.  Allow the results to settle over a few weeks and if you want more, consider additional filler to reach your desired lip fullness. This will allow for a natural enhancement that will be noticeable.  Age descriptions are guidelines and not law and patients younger than 21 can have dermal fillers placed.   Hope this helps.

You can get lip filler injections before at 21. The product information sheets are guidelines, not laws. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Need to be over 21 for fillers?

There is no age limit, young or old, for dermal fillers. The age specifications are all related to the ages included in the FDA approval studies. You will also note there is an upper limit too on the indications for the same reasons. It is no problem getting filler at your age. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip plumping under age 21

You would need parental consent for any medical treatment except abortion under age 18.  Your lips are very full as is, the appearance of lip injection, and I would recommend against it.  There are disadvantages to any procedure.  Specifically scar tissue can form in the lips.  Ultimately the lips can become scarred and stiff.  You should always research the consequences before undergoing any medical procedure.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Do you have to be over 21 to have Juvederm lip fillers

You do not need to be over 21 to get lip filler, there is no age restrictions. However ,if you are under 18 years old patients do need parental consent. A consultation with a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon will be best to do in order to discuss your needs for lip filler. Good luck.

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Filler treatment

Fillers can be done at any age, but if you are under 18 a parent or guardian will need to be present to sign the consent.  For lip injections, one syringe is a common amount to begin with.  Please note that you will likely have an exaggerated look after injection as the lips commonly swell.  

Camille Cash, MD

Juvederm age

Thank you for your question. Yes you can get Juverderm at your age without consent. However if you are under 18 then you would need parental consent. Please look for a professional in your area.

Lip Filler Facts--Lip Augmentation with Belotero, Restylane Silk, Juvederm Ultra

No, you don't have to be over 21. I love fillers in younger patients , I suggest belotero, restylane silk or juvederm ultra to just give a little plump without much size. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.