Thick and dark hair regrowth after high beam Alex laser and no hormonal imbalance! (photo)

I did IPL on my face. I had a few hairs on my sideburns but did half face. I now have a full on beard due to stimulated hair growth. I then went to SKIN at harley street &had 13 lazer sessions, the beard did not go. I then went to another clinic that uses the ALEX machine and have had 2years of lazer on my face&body. Though finer on my face, the hair has only come back THICKER on my arms! I apparently do not have a hormone imbalance as tests suggest. PLEASE someone tell me what the problem is!

Hair removal

Thank you for your question kelloii. I understand your concern. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. It can also be used for permanent hair reduction. Other lasers are also available for this purpose. If tests suggest a hormonal imbalance, there is likely a hormonal imbalance. In such cases such as in PCOS continuous maintenance treatments are required after an initial series of 6-10 treatments. If settings are inappropriate it can lead to what is called paradoxical hypertrichosis, where increased hair growth is seen. In such cases settings need to be adjusted.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Hair removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}