How to get rid of my unsightly scar from an upper eyelid surgery? (Photos)

I had an eyelid surgery for ptosis of my left eye when I was about 13. Im now 19 and am still dealing w/ this ugly scar that causes the skin to fold and makes my eye fall into the scar line rather than my natural eye crease causing my eyes to still look very strange. I am looking for a way to smooth the skin and allow my eyelid to fall into the natural crease line. Im horribly self conscious bc of this and have been struggling w/ this my whole life I just would like to look normal. Please help.

Doctor Answers 2

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
this can be improved with laser treatments. I suggest seeing an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Revision blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear CL,

Thanks for asking this question. I would like to premise my answer by stating that without your medical records it's really hard to know what was done and your original diagnosis; that information would further guide treatment. You would need to be examined in person as well, but looking at your first picture, it appears that you have persistent ptosis of your left upper lid. Revision ptosis repair and bleparoplasty, depending on what was originally done, could help you. I really encourage to see your local plastic surgeon. 

I hope this helps

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.