How is the cost of sclerotherapy broken down on paper?

I recently had sclerotherapy done and received a bill/receipt for $300 even. My insurance will not cover it unless there is a breakdown - Dr.'s fees and medicine fees. The company is making it difficult to give me a new receipt with the breakdown. Is this normal practice and how do I get my insurance to cover the procedure?

Sclerotherapy costs in Los Angeles

Sclerotherapy entails professional and medicine fees. I would write to your insurance's medical director to discuss your concerns. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Sclerotherapy bill

To be honest in 20 years we have never broken down the bill as you are stating.  We usually do the sclerotherapy and include the medication into the cost of the procedure. 

Susan Fox, DO
Hollywood Phlebologist

Cost of sclerotherapy

If I do a closure procedure (EVLT) then we request sclerotherapy from the insurance companies as part of the entire vein care.  Sclerotherapy by itself, however, in my practice is a cash procedure since it is purely cosmetic. We do not bill medicine fees.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon