After undergoing a BBL with fat transfer, do most MD's suggest a specific "diet"?

Do most PS recommend or suggest a diet plan to assist with the healing process?

Diet after a BBL

I do not recommend a specific diet for people undergoing a BBL.  I just tell them to eat a blanked healthy diet.

Diet post surgery.

Thank you for your question. It's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet before and after surgery. Avoid fast foods because of their high content of salt, sugar an fat. Eat meals with lean protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats like avocado. also drink water throughout the day. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Nutritional requirements for your BBL recovery

I'm not aware of any nutritional requirements that are specific to the BBL recovery, but if we broaden the discussion to something more general like 'post-surgical nutritional requirements', then I would make two recommendations that can be incorporated in to any version of healthy, balanced diet:1) a higher than normal protein intake has been shown to facilitate post-op healing and to reduce the rate of wound healing complications. You might consider using a protein supplement for a few weeks on either side of your procedure. 2) a generous portion of vegetables and greens provides important enzymes that facilitate the healing process.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Diet after plastic surgery

Hi, you can eat in a healty way, only try to be careful with the fat things (oil, bread, fast food, etc), because after plastic surgery your body continues it's natural process of increase weight.Best regards

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Post operative diet

There is no specific diet that is mandatory however it would be best to attempt a low sodium diet. As you heal you will be dealing with significant swelling. Sodium (salt) retains fluid so this can make your swelling worse during this time.

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon