How long the packing have to stay inside the nose? What is the risk if it stay to long?

I did job nose since 4 days. I have packing ( deep inside ) and I still blooding since the first day of surgery. What is the risk? Also when the doctor have to remove the stitches. I am afraid because the doctor do not answer to my call..

Amount of time to remove nasal packing after surgery (Nasal Surgery)

Dear Lili,
The length of time for packing to remain in the nose is dependent on exactly what was done during the procedure.  Generally speaking, nasal packing will remain in the nose for 2-3 days following an uneventful septoplasty and/or turbinate surgery.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

How long the packing have to stay inside the nose

Greetings 
Thank you for your question, depending on the type of procedure normally last for 2-3 days, but you will have to follow up with your surgeon i do advice you to visit your surgeon as he is not picking up your calls. wish you all the best of luck.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

When will my nasal packing be removed? It's been four days

You may find this time on the paperwork you signed from his office.  If not simply call his office.  Frank bleeding should have ceased with the nasal packing.  What you may be experiencing is blood tinged mucous. The suture removal can occur 1 week after surgery with the packing removal.

Packing left in too long has risks of infection.

If you cannot get in touch with his office you should go unannounced.  It's important to receive guidance this early after having rhinoplasty.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon