Cast removal after 4 days, too early?

Hi, I had a botched nosejob two months ago and I think that the "doctor" really don't know what he is doing. After my rhinoplasty he took the cast off after 4 days and start to push really hard on my nose, this was really hurting and my nose started to bleed! I asked him what he was doing and he said " I'm pushing the swelling down" , I know for sure that he wanted to hide the crookedness that appeared after a few days. This isn't normal to do I guess?

Cast removal after 4 days, too early

Thank you for your question. Normally the cast is removed after 5 to 7 days after the surgery overroll your surgeon might have a reason to remove the cast after 4days, it is best to follow up with your surgeon and also inform him about your concerns.

Cast Removal after Rhinoplasty

Dear inge89, Cast removal after rhinoplasty after 4 days does seem a bit early. Usually I remove the cast after 7 days and I stress leaving the cast in place during this time to allow the nasal bones to set in place. I would follow up with your surgeon after your surgery to discuss post operative expectations for your outcomes. Best regards, Gina Chu, MD

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon