Can a chemical peel remove the superficial dark area on my upper lip?

I have slight darkness that resembles a moustache on my upper lip and makes me look manly in my opinion and several family members have also commented on it. Can a peel get rid of this? If so what kind? It's not severe as you see in my pics but it's still bothersome and I just want all my skin smooth and even and glowing- not all except this random grayish black stripe above my lip

Chemical peel

Yes , chemical peels could help you with the irregular pigmentation . You may need 2-3 treatments.

I would recommend TCA or glycolic acid. Best to consult with a dermatologist.

Montreal Dermatologist

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. Chemical peel can address irregular pigmentation around your lips. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your query. Yes pigmentation can be taken care of by peels. Peels are of many types and comes in various combinations; the exact peel can be decided only after physical examination. Generally a series of peels are required for correction and then for maintenance.  The peels correct the pigmentation and also give a glow on the skin and improve the texture. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Chemical Peels for Hyperpigmentation

Hello Thaley91,

Thank you for your question and posting pics! A combination of treatments will give you the best results. You can do chemical peels ( ZO 3 Step Stimulation Peel) which is a medium grade chemical peel and is excellent on all skin types. It is recommend to use products at home to keep your skin bright and even toned (ZO Medical / ZO Skin Health) Hope this helps! Dr Faraz

Smooth and Glowing with lasers, microneedling/prp and skin care

A combination approach would be best. This can be improved with skin care, lasers in combination with microneedling/PRP. See an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer