I am diagnosed with Osteoporosis. The doctor recommends one steroid shot due to red areas on face after a chemical peel

I am diagnosed with Osteoporosis. I developed red areas in my face after having a 30% TLC peel. The doctor recommends one steroid shot. How this shot will affect my Osteoporosis condition. I truly appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Thanks for your query. A steroid shot to take away the redness from the peel is a good idea as it will also help in your osteoporotic pain.  If the steroid injection is localized then it will not interfere in osteoporosis as the quantity and strength used is very slight. Use a proper sun block and moisturize well to prevent any further damage. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon